It happens, that every so often life gets in the way. Can you relate?
Whatever your goal may be, sometimes priorities have to be reshuffled. It’s not ideal, but you don’t have a choice at that moment. I get it! You have a set goal, you are driven and you really want to make progress.
What are you going to do?
I’ve learned not to stress. Just go with the flow. Things may not always work out the way we expect them to, but we have a great God who is in control. He knows all things and His plans are perfect.
Not long ago, someone said, “enjoy the process!”. And today, I say the same to you– Enjoy the process!
While life events may not always meet our expectations, there are a few things we can do to stay on track.
- Stay close to God via prayer. Always. This is so important and it’s the last thing on our to-do list. Prayer helps us stay focused, hopeful and moving along in God’s purpose for our lives.
- Keep a calendar handy with the understanding that many appointments will change. It happens! All will happen on God’s time, not ours.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself. This is life. You get only one, on this earth. Do the best you can with what you have. Learn to live for Christ. It’s the best decision that you can make!
- If you didn’t get it right yesterday, there is always today. God’s mercies are new every single day. Why worry or get angry?
- God’s plans are perfect. We don’t always recognize that His plans are perfect, but they truly are. Leave it in His hands. He knows what’s best for you and me.
- Stop trying to be perfect. There is no such thing as perfect. All will work out the way God wants it to. Let go and trust Him.
Find Perspective in Scripture
“Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
“And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.” Psalm 1:3
“Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.” Matthew 16: 24-25
“For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.” Romans 9:15-16
“Gracious is the Lord, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful.” Psalm 116:5
“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28
“He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.” Deuteronomy 32:4
“God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect.” 2 Samuel 22:33
What else do you do to stay on track? Please share in the comments.
God bless you & yours,